A General Guide to Family Dentistry
A family dentist is a dentist who provides treatment to patients of all ages, from children to adults. They can be differentiated from other dentists by their specialization. While General dentists can provide care to everyone, they are restrictive to the age of patients. On the other hand, pediatric dentists only treat younger children.
What are The Advantages of Family Dentistry?
Consistent service- they provide dental care for an individual from infancy through adulthood. This makes it easy for the dentist since they have a detailed record of the patient’s dental care history and needs. Family dentistry provide a more personalized treatment.
Convenience- your family can visit the same dentist, saving a lot of time.
Preventative care: since they take care of your teeth from infancy, they are well versed with your oral health characteristics and can prevent the need for further treatment. They further advise the whole family on how to take care of their oral hygiene. They include:
- Attending regular dental checkups
- Brushing twice a day
- Rinsing with an antibacterial mouthwash
- Eating vegetables and fruits
Reduce dental visit anxiety. Your dentists for a long time and by this create a rapport and reinforce trust. This makes it easy for young children to attend dental checks. You can also offer them support and a learning opportunity as a role model.
What Do Family Dentists offer?
Their most standard services include:
- Routine teeth cleaning and examination every 6-months. This is crucial for general oral health. They allow your dentist to monitor your family’s oral hygiene.
- Fluoride application and dental sealants – help fighting cavities and are mostly performed on children who are most likely to get cavities.
- Cavity checks and fillings – Cavities are the most manageable childhood dental condition to prevent. Family dentists specialize in pinpointing and treating cavities with fillings
- Orthodontics – fitting of restorative structures like braces and crowns. Some family dentists will offer orthodontic assessments, however not all family dentists are qualified to perform and may refer you to a different specialist in the vicinity.
- Gum disease treatment–periodontal disease is rampant in adults. Family dentists in Longmont will employ procedures like deep cleanings, gum fold surgery, and antibiotics to restore gingivitis.
- Teeth whitening
How Do I Pick The Right Family Dentist?
Choosing a dentist in Longmont that you are comfortable with is essential to facilitate a pleasant experience. Here are some tips you could consider when looking for a dentist near you:
- Investigate their credentials and experience- search for a dentist who has attained their qualifications and has high care standards to get effective treatment.
- Check-on the services they provide- as not all dentists offer all services, look for a dentist who has an array of services to ensure you resolve all your family dental needs. Our dentist near you, who provides everything from whitening to orthodontics will save you time and energy.
- Read the reviews- patients are the best source of information when looking for a new dentist. Look at reviews on different clinics to find out what former and present patients’ experience was. More positive reviews reinforce confidence in their skill.
- Office environment: you should visit the actual clinic to observe how it feels. Note things like friendly staff, comfortable waiting rooms, and tidiness. If you and your family feel comfortable at a clinic, you will most likely attend all dental appointments. Also, ensuring that your children have a positive experience with their dentist when they are growing will help lay down the foundation for their future devotion to their oral hygiene.
- Look at the location and payment options.
Do Family Dentists Deal With Emergencies?
Family dentists are available for emergencies if accidents occur. When you need a rapid response, you can get it quickly and immediately from your family dentist. Knowing a reliable dentist is comforting in such situations. Some emergency includes:
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Knocked-out teeth
- Severe infections and pain
- Bleeding gums
- Leakage of abscess from teeth
- Loosened teeth
Contact our family dentist in Longmont now. We take pride in providing our patients with effective dental care. Our well-trained dentist in Longmont will ensure your family’s dental needs are fulfilled. Call us now to book an appointment with our dentist near you and learn more about family dentistry in Longmont, CO. Our family dentist also welcome patients residing in Holiday Park, Lakeshore, Kiteley, Longmont, Spruce Avenue, Fordham Street, Teal Circle, Hayward, and surrounding communities.